Enterprise weather-to-sms app
Using the Cedalo Enterprise Platform for Eclipse Streamsheets,
we created an app template that enables you to send real-time weather updates via SMS.
Real-time weather report delivered to your phone as an SMS (text message)
This Streamsheets app template is available from Streamsheets 2.4 in the Cedalo EP for Eclipse Streamsheets version.
This app template enables you to send current weather data from any location to any phone number via SMS. The Streamsheets runs continuously in real-time. To set up the application, you need Streamsheets and accounts for OpenWeather, and sms77.
You need the Enterprise version of Streamsheets 2.4 to use this template.
How to use this template
Follow these simple steps to get started with this template.
- Download the JSON file by clicking the “Download template” button.
- From your Streamsheets dashboard, simply drag and drop the JSON file to your dashboard.
- Alternatively, you can import the JSON file you downloaded from the dashboard menu.
4. You need to open a free account on OpenWeather by going to the website to get your API key.
5. Open the app from the dashboard and enter the OpenWeather API key.
6. Enter the location and interval in seconds.
7. Open an account on sms77 to get the API key. You can start sending sms with as little as 0.075 euros per sms.
8. On the sms77 row, enter the receiver’s phone number and your sms77 API key.
9. Start the app by clicking “play” on the controls in the top bar. Start the app by clicking “play” on the controls in the top bar. You have to be in edit mode to do this.