Send weather reports via sms
An app made with Eclipse Streamsheets that enables you send real-time weather updates to any phone number
Receive weather reports in real-time as an SMS or a text message
Create Streamsheets that can continuously receive weather data from OpenWeather and send it as an SMS (text message) to any phone number.
With this template, you can set up an app with Eclipse Streamsheets that allows you to send current weather data in a particular location to any phone number. The Streamsheets runs continuously in real-time. You will need Streamsheets, and also, accounts for OpenWeather, and sms77.
You only need the open source version of Streamsheets to use this template.
How to use this template
Follow these simple steps to get started with this template.
- Download the JSON file by clicking the “Download template” button.
- From your Streamsheets dashboard, simply drag and drop the JSON file to your dashboard.
- Alternatively, you can import the JSON file you downloaded from the dashboard menu.
4. You need to open a free account on OpenWeather by going to the website to get your API key.
5. Open the app from the dashboard and enter the OpenWeather API key.
6. Enter the location and interval in seconds.
7. Open an account on sms77 to get the API key. You can start sending sms with as little as 0.075 euros per sms.
8. On the sms77 row, enter the receiver’s phone number and your sms77 API key.
9. Start the app by clicking “play” on the controls in the top bar. Start the app by clicking “play” on the controls in the top bar. You have to be in edit mode to do this.